MOB Media Employees & Friends Say the Darndest Things
2010 Version of our Malaprops, Mistatements or Generally Just Funny Stuff!
It's time to recap 2010's funniest statements from our MOB Media Family. As you may know by now, we gather together the funniest or strangest comments spoken or written during the year. Malaprops and non-sequiturs, misstatements and all-around funny stuff. This year there were even lyrics that were sung incorrectly! Let's get on with 2011 as we clean literally and figuratively the slate for 2010! As you know, I actually have a whiteboard on which I write these quotes. And, in fact, if anyone hears one, we say, "Put it on the board".
All in fun, folks! As usual, some of our employee's and friends are more prone to "making the board". We'll chalk it off to the fact that maybe they are just more talkative in general? This is in chronological order:
1. "I'm usually not hungry after I eat" (really?) Laura 1/14/10
2. "Cinco De Mayo is in May" (thanks for that tip!) Laura 1/16/10
3. "Move forward, Tattoo Detective, it's not too late, to whip it!" (that was an attempt at the lyrics of the famous Devo Song called Whip it) Michelle B. 2/3/10
4. "I might run a little longer because we have to wait for the half k'ers" (we think she means half marathon, because a half Kilometer ain't too far!) Raina 3/11/10
5. "My dad has always been a guy" (Whew! That's a relief Shawna, especially for your mom!). Shawna 3/18/10
6. "Ah, howdy, honey" (again, another misinformed lyric for the Archie's seminal song that goes Honey, honey, sugar, sugar) Erin 4/15/10
7. "Our timeline is 9 minutes and 30 seconds, so we will need more than a 10 minute tape" (why is that? Last I heard, 10 is more than 9) Ryan N. 5/10/10
8. "Lunch, the breakfast of champions" (they made me put that one up, I knew what I was saying...really!) Paul 6/8/10
9. "I think I'm craving one of your Veggie Burgers, you know, the ones with the hamburger wrapped in lettuce!" Walter 7/12/10
10. "No, it works, except for that it's broken" (and the definition for not working is what again?) Jeff 8/26/10
11. "Dick is overrated" (No comment) Laura 9/15/10
12. "Allan called and said he's dong some work at home with some videos and will be here soon". (ok, this email is only funny because Courtney was new and you have to know Allan, enough said) Courtney Unknown date
13. "I didn't think Christmas was in December this year". (hmmm....didn't know we rotated the date) Robbie 10/14/10
14. "They're not people, they're women" (in a client meeting no less!) Gary 10/19/10
15. "Would that be pm in the morning or in the night?" (Arnie taught her well) Arnie's adult daughter 12/22/10
Hey, we're getting better, these aren't as bad as some have been in the past! But now the board is clean and we'll have a new year to say some silly things! Keep your resolutions and have a healthy and prosperous 2011!